torsdag 5 november 2009

The riddle revealed


It's so cute!

The suspense which has gripped the global population is finally at an end. That, or the mild curiosity of a few friends of mine after my persistent posting of cryptic statements on Facebook and a video-riddle here at the blog.

Thanks to the contributions of a large number of wonderful friends I got a big wad of money as a present when I defended my dissertation this September. The money was meant for me to finally stop whining and buy a cell phone that had fancier uses than just phoning people or sending text messages (which was all my by now antique Nokia could do). After a few weeks of blissful surfing the net and comparing phones I developed a crush on the HTC Tattoo which was launched this October. Not too expensive, but with turbo 3G, touch screen, radio, GPS, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR and a bunch of other stuff I can't bother to remember. However, it's operative system is Android, the Open Source programming developed by Google and that was a big plus for me. Not just because I like OA, but also because Spotify has a deal with them which means I can use that wonderful application on my phone.

So the video-rebus/riddle was pretty obvious in my opinion.
Blondie - "Call Me": It's a phone. Duh!
Bladerunner - Rutger Hauer: Perhaps the most famous android of movie history
Biohazard - Sell Out: Ok, this was a bit tough. I tried to find a clip of Miami Ink on YouTube but they couldn't be embedded. The singer of Biohazard (which is a great band btw) is covered in tattoos and has in fact been tattooed on Miami Ink. And yes, I am a sell out who has discarded my still functioning Nokia for a shiny new toy.
So there you have it. Now I don't have time to write any more, I want my htc

The kids liked it too






Andra bloggar om: , ,

3 kommentarer:

Johan C sa...

Coolness! Hoppas du blir lika nöjd som jag är med min Hero. :)

Martin sa...

Shiny!

Does your GPS software work out of the box? My Samsung has GPS but I've never used it because the software doesn't come on until you subscribe to a map download service. I think I should at least be able to get my coordinates and navigate to a waypoint without paying a premium. /-:

tingotankar sa...

I'll check bak to you on that. Unfortunately I won't get my mobile surf SIM-card until next week. 5 days of torture...